Recipe for grassland restoration
- Scrape 150 mm of top soil off 1 hectare of paddock with a large grader
- Rough the surface up a bit with a cultivator
- Spread 50 kg of native grass and wildflower seed evenly over the whole surface.
- Spray the Seedbed with smoke water.
- Stand back and wait for rain
Sounds easy doesn’t it?
This is the recipe we have been following in partnership with the Euroa Arboretum as part of their Grassy Woodland Restoration Project.
If you are interested in learning more about this method of grassy ground cover restoration attend this field day.
Euroa Arboretum Grassy Woodland Management Course DAY 4
Friday 23rd October 2015 9.30am – 4.30pm @ Euroa Arboretum.
with Paul Gibson Roy. Greening Australia.