Here’s a fantastic day out, just up the road a bit at Nathalia – The famous Bardi Gras Festival is on again this Easter Saturday! Each year the festival selects a different environmental topic to highlight and this year it’s TURTLES. There are three species of turtle along the Murray: The Murray River Turtle, Common Long-necked Turtle & Broad-shelled Turtle (also long-necked). It is the Broad-shelled turtle which is the Yorta Yorta Totem.
The Bardi Gras is part of the Nathalia And District Easter Market and Bushman’s Bash (Program here).
This year’s activities include:
- the Damanmu Bangerang Dance Group.
- Bardi Gras Parade featuring ‘turtles’ of the Nathalia district.
- Meet the Author session with Heidi Knowles, author of the just published children’s book, Badja Bayaderra – Longneck Turtle.
- Mixed media art exhibition.
- Street stalls, face painting and more.
For more information contact Lyn Loger on 58 662 885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org